A city based is providing meals to nearly 5,000 migrants every day in Ahmedabad . They are working in coordination with deputy commissioner of police, Zone 5, to provide meals twice a day.
Many migrant workers belonging to distant states such as UP, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal have been stuck in Rajasthan.
Janvikas is a Public Charitable Trust, registered with the Office of The Charity Commissioner in December 1985. It became operational in 1987 and is today recognized as a leading ‘Organization Development and support Institute’.
From the data on their site , the work they have done in COVID-19 pandemic-
10 Self- Managed Community Kitchens for 4500 migrants.
• 3350 Ration kits & hygiene kits distributed.
• 5749 food packets distributed in Ahmedabad.
• 200 Safety gears provided to ‘Safai Karamcharis’
• Cash transfer/livelihood support to the most vulnerable.
• 800 para-legals and volunteer facilitating government entitlements.
• Tracking and supporting migrants through volunteer teams.
• Radio ‘Nazariya’ supporting police for broadcasting messages.
• 1600 Community leaders to be trained online on Covid-19 by Indian Institute of Public Health – Gandhinagar.
We salute our Lead Kindness Hero Janvikas,Ahemdaebad
Story By: MAYANK GUPTA