Stuck in a rut, do not fret!
The times we are in right now are no doubt scary and saddening. Having said that, you are doing your part by staying home to flatten the curve and should be undoubtedly proud of yourself but it is easy to slip down the rabbit hole of feeling like you are stuck in a rut. Feeling stuck, like you’re in a loop and just down is completely normal and should be spoken about- there are so many things you can do to make yourself feel better.
● Maintain a schedule or a routine to keep yourself grounded.
● Speak to someone about how you are feeling, whether it be a friend, a family member or a
● Learn something new, distract yourself from the current situation by learning to play an
instrument, reading a book, learning how to cook something new or working on a hobby.
● Sleep properly! It is found that a set sleep schedule helps not only your mental health but also your internal clock.
● Work out- working out not only makes you feel better about your physical self but also
releases happy chemicals in your system which make you feel better.
● Maintain a sense of normalcy.
● Stick to your favourites- watch a TV show you like, eat something you like or watch your
favourite movie every once in a while so you have something to look forward to.
● Journal- if you do not like talking to people or can’t then write how you are feeling.
● Make a list of goals you want to achieve in a period you decide to keep yourself motivated
and excited for both the future and the present.
● Spend time with your friends and family even if it is virtual as being alone is not everyone's cup of tea.
● Invest in yourself whether it be through material things or by learning new things or working on yourself
● Decorate- rearrange your home or download Pinterest and make a board full of pictures of
what you want things to look like for you.